Junior Product Designer
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster and stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, and determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, and finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
Based in NYC, a career at Dataminr offers the ability to make an individual impact at a rapidly growing tech startup while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009, backed by the world’s leading venture and growth technology investors, and 400 talented employees around the globe.
Who you are:
You are a designer who enjoys designing intricate interfaces, creating design systems, and has a passion for turning complex problems into efficient solutions for the user. You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our product, our business goals, and the needs of our customers. You’re also intrigued by the power of publicly available data sets and the use of machine learning.
As a Junior Product Designer, you'd be joining a small team in New York focused on delivering world class experiences for international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, and enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Creating artifacts to communicate your ideas including user flows, wireframes, visual designs, prototypes, and specs
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers from ideation to release
- Visualizing data in understandable and compelling ways across web, mobile, and email
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in interaction design, graphic design or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product or UI/UX design
- Working knowledge Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision
- Experience working within and maintaining design systems
- Experience gaining insights through user research
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.