Lead Brand Designer
Greater NYC Area
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications designer to help us frame Candid's story and how we visually communicate it to the world. You ideally have impeccable taste and are highly trained in typography, graphic design, photography and videography, content layout and design and even have a penchant for great copywriting. Your entire body of work will be framed in the context of what consumers see across every channel, including, emails, digital and physical ads, social media, high converting landing pages on the Candid website, brochures, and other artifacts important to our marketing efforts. You’ll own your projects and collaborate closely with our marketing and brand design teams. You will report directly to our Chief Design Officer, Bobby Ghoshal but will be embedded in our Marketing team, led by our Head of Growth/Marketing, Sam Levine.
What You'll Do
- Own your team’s creative process - infuse your team with strong creative ideas and execution and get the people around you to be additive to the creative process and solicit team-wide feedback to yield world-class creative.
- Manage all aspects of multi-channel communication design including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards and retail-space artifacts.
- Manage and conduct photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- Design a distinct visual language for Candid’s marketing artifacts and manage all visual design including photo and video editing to match it to Candid’s brand.
- Create, maintain, and make accessible to the marketing team a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of marketing assets that can be repurposed at any time. The library will include source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations etc.
- Be responsible for all digital and print artifacts that will be used to assist in marketing and sales efforts such as, t-shirts, stickers, mugs, brochures, business cards and decks/presentations.
- Help us manage vendor relationships and may eventually have a few people reporting into you. Your ability to manage people, expectations, and deadlines, as well as your ability to communicate, are important to this role.
- Create and own design systems that allow the marketing team to scale and ship creative quickly, reliably and without compromising the brand’s look and feel.
- Work with our research team and spending time with customers and prospective customers; you’ll make a concerted effort to talk to them to understand their needs, their objections and how they see our product fitting into their lives.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of work experience in design or similar roles
- A portfolio of work that clearly articulates your taste and thought process, not just final design work.
- Strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design.
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your creative over time.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, marketing and sale
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description