Lead Brand Designer
Candid is a rapidly growing healthcare startup dedicated to making high quality orthodontic treatment accessible to all. By simplifying the process and reducing costs, we can help more people feel healthier and more confident every single day. Straighter teeth are just the start.
Since we launched in 2017, Candid has treated tens of thousands of patients, brought on 300+ employees, and raised ~$90M in funding. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, tech, retail, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Uber, and Airbnb.
- Own your team’s creative process - infuse your team with strong creative ideas and execution and get the people around you to be additive to the creative process and solicit team-wide feedback to yield world-class creative.
- Manage all aspects of multi-channel communication design including social media, emails, digital ads, billboards and retail-space artifacts.
- Manage and conduct photo and video shoots for various ads and campaigns.
- Design a distinct visual language for Candid’s marketing artifacts and manage all visual design including photo and video editing to match it to Candid’s brand.
- Create, maintain, and make accessible to the marketing team a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of marketing assets that can be repurposed at any time. The library will include source files for ads, edited photos, videos, voice-overs, illustrations etc.
- Be responsible for all digital and print artifacts that will be used to assist in marketing and sales efforts such as, t-shirts, stickers, mugs, brochures, business cards and decks/presentations.
- Help us manage vendor relationships and may eventually have a few people reporting into you. Your ability to manage people, expectations, and deadlines, as well as your ability to communicate, are important to this role.
- Create and own design systems that allow the marketing team to scale and ship creative quickly, reliably and without compromising the brand’s look and feel.
- Work with our research team and spending time with customers and prospective customers; you’ll make a concerted effort to talk to them to understand their needs, their objections and how they see our product fitting into their lives.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of work experience in design or similar roles
- A portfolio of work that clearly articulates your taste and thought process, not just final design work.
- Strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design.
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your creative over time.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, marketing and sale
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning