What you'll do:
- Build strong partnerships and cross-team workflows with product, data, engineering, brand, marketing, and design leaders to develop growth strategy tactics and experiences.
- Be the voice of the user. You’ll understand user needs and evangelize UX research findings across the organization.
- Develop and maintain continual understanding of competitive online learning platforms in the market and identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead.
- Run countless experiments that help push our product forward.
- Rapidly produce various concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect detail vs. when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that welcomes new ideas. You’ll work closely with product stakeholders to improve outcomes and push the boundaries of design.
Why we're excited about you:
- You are a designer with consumer-driven product design and have the portfolio and track record to match.
- You continually seek high impact metrics-driven outcomes and have experience & excitement about working on a rapidly growing part of the business.
- You are the champion of the user. You evangelize the importance of designing a user-focused product and are fluent in user research best practices as a foundation for larger design workflows.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven skillset in facilitation, wireframing, prototyping and design systems
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence amongst stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to drive results. You naturally build relationships across the organization and ensure alignment across the board.
- You’re a big picture, strategic thinker who thinks outside the box – but knows how to start small. You know how to convey your vision (both short and long term), articulate tradeoffs, get stakeholder buy-in, and ultimately execute.
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll contribute to Skillshare’s growth strategy and roadmap.
- Our team: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. On top of that, our small team is passionate, talented, and driven.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.