Lead Experience Designer - Guardian Direct at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is launching a insurtech startup, Guardian Direct. At Guardian Direct, we are working to define the future of insurtech by democratizing insurance for everyone. This is a chance to be among the first in an industry is now being disrupted by technology to help make insurance accessible to everyone. We are obsessed with measuring results, and we see every project as an opportunity to learn. If you enjoy working on stuff that moves the needle and have a passion for tech that empowers consumers, we might have the role for you.
Ready to join a team of bold and passionate builders to do your best work yet?
Guardian Direct, a corporate-backed insurtech venture based in Hudson Yards, New York, is looking for a Lead Experience Designer. We are energized by our mission to create an exceptional customer-centric digital insurance marketplace. You’ll join a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You will have a chance to build on an existing strong foundation of engaged customers and fuel future growth. Join at the ground floor with a great team and play an important role in building the future of insurtech.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead the design process including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling design releases
- Design UX with a conversion optimization focused mindset
- Balance customer frictions and needs with Guardian Direct business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
- Translate customer insights into concepts, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes using Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other design tools
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions
- Produce UX documentation for website and conversion flows, including sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Corporate Executives
- Work with marketing to build upon brand guidelines, online advertising creatives, and website optimizations
- Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented
You Should Have:
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and more
- 5+ years of design experience
- Working experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Fluent in analytics, usability tests, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform the creative process
- Understanding of the requirements of the design process, including typical time and resources needed is to produce quality work
- Iterates rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change to meet the needs of projects
- Eye for detail and a great sense of aesthetics and functionality
- Strong oral, written and social skills to articulately express and present rationale behind design decisions in a purposeful and thoughtful way
- Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Insurance and healthcare industry experience is a plus
This Role Offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) with generous match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care
- Dynamic work environments that promotes ownership, collaboration and strategic problem solving
- A culture where doing the right thing, social responsibility, inclusiveness, and community involvement matter
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.