We're looking for a Lead Product Design Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Product Design Manager who is excited about leading a team to design software and services that can dramatically change the way cancer research is conducted by working within the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our RWE datasets are used by researchers at life science companies and academic institutions to answer some of the most important questions in cancer.
Our technology-first approach has allowed Flatiron Research to build RWE datasets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other available data set. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 biopharma companies in oncology, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
In this role, you'll work with the RWE team to improve the efficiency with which we can deliver custom data sets to our customers. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you and your team will design holistic solutions and services that empower our teams to serve our clients more quickly and efficiently. You will accelerate our user research efforts to understand how internal touchpoints all work together and design product and service-based solutions that make it easier and faster to provide robust scientific evidence to our researchers by integrating analyses of user needs and building prototypes that communicate these ideas clearly to stakeholders. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage a small team of designers on the initiative by effectively setting expectations, ensuring they understand and meet those expectations, and helping them set short-term career goals
- Steer the team to conduct scoped, objective, and outcome-oriented user testing and research to identify areas of improvement to standardize and accelerate workflows for both technical and non-technical users
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes clinically and scientifically sound decisions
- Manage multiple stakeholders and speed consensus processes between multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. Source ideas and input from staff with different communication styles
- Ensure your team design simple, effective, minimum-viable interventions for those problems, in both tooling and processes
- Help shape the vision for a new product, following through to detailed implementation
Who You Are
You're a design manager doing service, product or UX design with experience managing individual contributors. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have at least 1 year of people management experience
- You have prior experience in service design, applied product design, user experience design, or interaction design
- You have strong knowledge and experience of service design methodologies, such as service blueprinting, journey mapping, information flow mapping, and service prototyping
- You have the ability to design at various levels of zoom, from interactions and touch-points to products and services to end-to-end journeys
- You are a systems thinker, with an appetite to dig into complex design challenges by leveraging quantitative and qualitative research
- You have excellent communication skills and prior experience working with executive stakeholders
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics