Addepar is seeking an exceptional design lead to play a vital role in setting and driving Addepar’s strategic design vision. Reporting directly to the Head of Design, this person will elevate Addepar’s product experience through outstanding displays of visual and interaction design.
This person will create and maintain a centralized component library utilized by Addepar’s product development teams. They will lead projects from conception through execution, partnering with cross-functional leads to develop compelling and effective design solutions. They will influence and evolve the product design process.What You’ll Do
- Provide visual, interaction, and systems design direction for the Addepar platform across web and mobile experiences.
- Obsess over layouts, typography, color theory, icons, components, usability considerations, and interaction conventions.
- Establish visual design standards and patterns, ensuring craftsmanship in all design deliverables.
- Partner with an Engineering lead on developing a shared visual language that will optimize our product development process.
- Cater to two types of users: Our internal team who will use the system to build products and our clients who use the products we build.
- Communicate effectively design decisions based on brand position, usability, content strategy, and user research.
- Lead projects from concept through completion.
The successful candidate will have an impressive visual design focused portfolio that demonstrates a bold innovative aesthetic. They will have a history leading design projects and partnering with technical leads. With superior relationship and collaboration skills, this person will be seen as a thought partner with a commitment to products that deliver fantastic user experiences. They will be known for taking well-calculated risks and having a deep understanding of an agile product development process.Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a lead design role at a brand agency, consumer technology brand, or an enterprise software organization differentiated by its design strategy.
- Successful track record of building and implementing sustainable product design frameworks that prioritize usability, clarity, accessibility, and scalability.
- Expertise using design tools including Figma.
- Technically adept and familiar with design trends on iOS, Android, and the web.
- Experience leading visual and user experience design projects, across both web and mobile platforms.
- Experience using analytics, user research, and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience building or being a primary contributor to a design system.
- Built a design system from the ground up before
- Certifications in accessibility standards
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $1.7 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.