Lead Product Designer, Mobile at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is expanding its platform to include native mobile applications for iOS and Android. As one of the first mobile designers on a fast-growing team you’ll help shape the product strategy, the interaction and visual design standards, and lay the groundwork for new and exciting experiences. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product experience, collaborating with PMs and engineers, and researching, prototyping and scaling the design system. This role combines leadership with hands-on design.
As a Justworks Senior Mobile Product Designer, you will champion design and lead the design process on your cross-functional team. In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers’ needs. You advocate sharing early and often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers, product marketing and other designers to identify and define product opportunities.
- Lead projects through an end to end design process: design strategy, research, exploration, interaction and visual design, prototyping, testing, launch, evaluation and iteration.
- Run research sessions to uncover customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Facilitate workshops and brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, and other departments.
- Create conceptual design solutions for strategic problems and dive into the interactions and visual details
- Present and effectively communicate the conceptual vision and foster ideas to help spread storytelling techniques to inspire the team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for quality mobile experiences, best practices, and the latest trends.
- Support design decisions with data and insights.
- Work closely with engineers to deliver the polished final product.
- Contribute to our internal design process and design system.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience in mobile product design.
- You have a portfolio that shows us your process, a user-centered approach, and the results.
- You are fluent in best practices for both iOS and Android.
- You're a problem solver and effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You have a dedication for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, and usability heuristics.
- You know your work can always be better and seek feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers.
- You're humble, thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- You’re a pro in design tools (like Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc).
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment