Lead Product Designer (UX)
Pager is looking to hire a Lead Product Designer to create, prototype, research and continually evolve our products. Your mission critical: Take the complex world of health-care and innovate with design to make it an unbelievably simple and beautiful experience.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced collaborative environment with product, engineering and operations to design elegant and easy to use experiences that scale for both consumer facing products and internal tools. In addition, you will have a strong role in helping build out our product design process as well as influencing the design culture within the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES / CANDIDATE PROFILE
- You’ve shipped consumer-facing products and understand all that goes into it.
- You’re an incredible designer. A generalist, that is passionate about UX, along with visual design and interaction design chops to bring it all together. You lead with empathy in everything you do, which results in simple, elegant solutions.
- You have the ability to work independently with little direction, as well as on large teams.
- You understand the need to move fast and rapidly generate a number of concepts and prototypes. You have ruthless attention to detail, yet you know the right time and place for pixel-perfection and when just a pen and paper will do the trick.
- You think big and know how to push the envelope, but have the ability to quickly design and iterate solutions based on data, strategy and immediate business needs. You know that it’s easier to tone down a wild idea, than pump one up.
- Your process involves prototyping and testing with users to ensure what you’re designing should actually get built. Oh, and you’re not afraid to work directly with data to validate your hypotheses.
- You love pairing and working alongside engineers...knowing how to challenge them, understanding when “2px over” is something to fight for and when compromises must be made.
- You’re a systems thinker. You can logically visualize complex systems, user interaction flows and interfaces.
- You’re a design leader in both thinking and communication. You help define product requirements, clearly explain your concepts, and can pull the best ideas out from your teammates.
- Working and leading projects in an agile environment feels natural.
- You can work with and evolve our visual language, while keeping our style guide up to date.
- You have the ability to move at hyper-startup-speed in a high-energy environment with high expectations
- Minimum of 5+ years of product design experience concentrating on mobile and web product design
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical teammates
- BA/BS degree
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience designing messaging applications
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful start-ups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product to long nights of happy hours and group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.