Lead Product Designer at Bread
Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that partners with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their eCommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread’s full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com.
We’re hiring a Senior Product Designer for our Member/Admin Portal product team. You will help us build products that transform the way consumers pay for their purchases and help retailers grow their businesses. As a Senior Product Designer at Bread, you’ll launch features that generate measurable impact while also helping us level up our craft. For example working closely with a cross-functional team to evolve our Member Portal to provide a more user-centric experience for our customers to manage their accounts, as well as innovating on new features that provide long-term pay-over-time solutions. You’ll be part of a close-knit Product and Design team that plays an important role in shaping the future of Bread. This role reports to the Director of Design.
Your role at Bread
- Be instrumental in improving the efficiency of the Product Design, and in ensuring your team maintains its high business impact
- Support the Director of Design and other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the Product
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and delight into the user experience, as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Create exemplary prototypes and experiences, both alone and with other designers and key stakeholders, while balancing user needs, constraints of technology, brand values, and KPIs
- Provide your UX expertise and collaborate closely with our user researcher in discovering user pain points and problems, and solve them using all available UX methodologies and tools
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to represent the voice of our customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to develop and implement effective design practices
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, and iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas
- Extensive knowledge of design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric POV
- Are self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working on both B2B and B2C products
- Leading, coaching, and/or mentoring of other designers
Nice to have:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or a related discipline
- Financial services and/or payment services experience