Lead Product Designer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Within Memorial Sloan Kettering's Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) department, we're excited to recruit a passionate, pragmatic design leader to advance our transformation and help define the creative direction, development, and evolution of MSK's patient and health consumer applications.
As Lead Product Designer for the Health Consumer Platform, you will bring a background in designing creative, human-centered experiences which you will apply to shape the future of MSK's digital products. You'll work with stakeholders across the institution throughout the entire design process, all the way from defining design principles to building a repeatable design system. You will collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure that MSK's products are beautiful and easy to use for our patients.
- Provide strategic impact to the institution, elevate web and mobile user experiences, and deliver uniform, on-brand experiences at scale, over time
- Communicate the value of design to diverse audiences, pulling partners into the design process when needed to critically frame and scope design problems
- Lead interdisciplinary workshops to mine for insights, expand ideas, establish alignment, and convert outcomes into action plans
- Systematically convert design principles into an evolved visual language, and a refined suite of repeatable components, which will enable the wider organization to learn fast and adopt easily
- Apply a broad range of techniques, including sketching, prototyping, interaction modeling, journey mapping, and user testing to explore, convey, and validate opportunities and solutions
- Create an action plan for achieving system-wide ADA and WCAG compliance
- Illustrate how uniform motion and data visualization libraries enhance the user experience and work collaboratively across disciplines to build repeatable patterns that empower and delight end-users
- Collaborate with the design team to build out quarterly roadmaps, balancing team capacity with product needs
- Advocate for hiring and staffing needs, and helping the team to grow by sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding new team members
- Keep current on UX trends to bring fresh approaches to our design practices
- Mentor designers and provide user experience oversight of project team's work and assume overall accountability for it
- An inspiring systems thinker, with strong attention to visual detail, and the ability to see how a design will scale across devices, platforms, and channels
- A strong collaborator who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and who helps to support a growing team by demonstrating best practices and building a culture of cooperation
- A master of design fundamentals across digital platforms, and a deep understanding of the importance of applying qualitative and quantitative techniques to inform and validate concepts
- Experienced working in a scaled agile/scrum design and development process, and able to connect with teams from both creative and technical backgrounds
- 10+ years of experience building and implementing sustainable digital products that users love - with at least 3+ years working with a large-scale Design System implementation
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your work and process
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It's important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.