Lead Product Designer at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
What We're Looking For
Are you a critical thinker? Are you willing to challenge ideas and receive feedback? Are you comfortable with ambiguity? We are seeking a fearless and passionate Product Design Lead to join Braze's Product Design Team.
Product Design Leads at Braze have the freedom to work on all aspects of the user experience, with particular strength in at least two areas of user experience, or service design — user research, service design, user flows, design documentation, diagramming, interaction design, rapid prototyping or, design documentation, to name a few examples.
What You'll Do
As the lead designer for the Messaging teams, you think in big picture and details. You will:
• Work with the Design Manager to prioritize the queue of tactical work across multiple teams
• Collaborate with cross-functional counterparts to build out and expand upon the team's vision
• Lead the problem definition, scope, MVP, and ideation for strategic initiatives
• Develop new process and workflows
• Mentor designers – sharing your wealth of knowledge of user research, system design, product thinking, and interaction design among others
• Facilitate conversation to build consensus and alignment
• Take an active role in defining success for each stage of Messaging projects
• Review others' work and provide actionable feedback
What You Have
• 6+ years of design experience, with at least 2 years experience working on SaaS products.
• Experience working independently, but you know when to share insights and output with broader audiences
• Proven track record of shipping successful products
• Familiarity working with and / or evangelizing a design system
• You're a Design Generalist – with strengths in research and product strategy
• Experience utilizing data to inform design decisions
• Excellent communication skills – you solicit and provide feedback, you're able to translate technically complex ideas into simpler terms for non-technical stakeholders.
What Captures Our Attention
• Significant experience with any aspect of lifecycle marketing
• Advanced degree in HCI, interaction design, or service design
• Portfolio demonstrating two extremely strong product design or UX design skills
• Experience in an Agile organization, working in cross-functional teams / pods / verticals
• Prior experience at high-growth startups
• Management experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.