Lead Product Designer
Zola is seeking a talented Lead Product Designer to be the customer advocate and interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions. Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas and continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, and engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization and design strategy. The role isresponsible for creating and overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, and testing ideas with real users, providing interaction and visual direction from definition to specification. Product designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Lead, define, and communicate the UX direction using appropriate toolsto describe intent.This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications
- Collaborate with product management, visual designers, marketers, merchandisers, and engineers – apply design principles and user-centered design methodologies to create a great experience for our couples and guests
- Interpret customer needs into effective and thoughtful product solutions
- Create user-centered designs by considering site analytics, customer feedback, and research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring ideas into an energetic and collaborative team in a fast paced environment
- 7+ years of UX or interaction design experience
- Proven experience leading ‘design-thinking’ and user-centered design practices across multiple functional disciplines
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
At Zola, we are building a smarter wedding registry. We are an early-stage, VC-funded consumer technology startup based in New York City. Launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding registry in the United States. Founded by many of the early team members from Gilt Groupe, we are focused on creating a new kind of e-commerce experience that addresses a huge market — wedding gifts by reimagining the wedding registry for modern engaged couples and their guests. Our team brings deep experience from working on award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, J.Crew, Bloomingdale’s, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Yahoo, Chloe + Isabel, and Host Committee.
More about the team: