Lead Product Designer
Foursquare is seeking an experienced Lead Product Designer to work across our portfolio of enterprise and consumer products. You’ll help shape Foursquare’s newest product lines and bring them to market.
This role is equal parts manager and independent contributor. You will be responsible for leading the team in the creative vision, implementation, and iteration of our products, while independently managing design projects of your own. The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, strong design principles, and excellent management skills. You’re passionate about finding new ways to visualize data, have solid front-end development skills, and like solving hard UX and interaction problems.
- Lead a 3-5 person multi-disciplinary design team
- Work closely with our Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers, Product Analysts, Copywriters, and Designers to define the best approach to a problem.
- Drive the design vision and product strategy for Foursquare’s products: establish and reinforce consistent design patterns and solutions, develop best practices
- Address business goals and customer needs with elegantly simple design solutions
- Promote a transparent and inclusive product development environment: roadmapping and project scoping, ensuring UX/product design effort is represented within the larger product team
- Mentor the professional development of each designer through coaching and performance management
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, Product Analysts, Marketers and Copywriters to deliver best-in-class products
- 5+ years digital product design experience (Enterprise experience preferred)
- 2+ years proven people management experience
- Strong design sense that values simplicity and usability
- Experience using research insights and behavioral data to inform designs which solve user problems
- Ability to recruit, hire, onboard, and mentor a talented, diverse team of designers
- The ability to champion user experience and design and how it applies to product development and business
- Enthusiastic giver and receiver of feedback; comfortable managing conflict
- History of establishing effective creative design processes
- Curious, self-motivated, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant experience in a full-cycle product design environment
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.