Lead Product Designer at Policygenius
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Product Design at Policygenius
At Policygenius we’re fortunate to have founders and team leadership that recognize design as our primary problem-solving tool--not just a method for producing attractive interfaces. This means no thankless slogs trying to get support on major design/product projects. We’re all aware that our task is to reshape the way real people make informed decisions about their safety nets, and that design plays a major role in those journeys.
- Report to the Chief Design Officer and partner with product leaders to shape product requirements, usher them into reality, and improve the Pg design language along the way
- Own product design, end-to-end, from research and ideation, through execution
- Lead project work with autonomy and authority, facilitating cross-team workshops to achieve the best possible solutions
- Sit next to and work with engineering leads and PMs daily, fulfilling our "no surprises" mantra
- Plan and conduct user research and testing (generative and evaluative)
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes; knowing when to harness the appropriate fidelity
- Play a hands-on coaching role (60% IC / 40% mentor) ranging from sole designer on a project to being the design lead on larger initiatives (with teams of 2-3 designers)
- A product designer with 7+ years of experience shaping complex products
- Of the belief that design should be a primary tool for problem-solving
- Excited to tackle a monster, consumer-facing challenge being experienced by millions everyday
- Significantly experienced in two of the three main product design disciplines: UI - UX - User Research
- Experienced leading designers, and delivering feedback to help their designs hit the mark
- Comfortable taking the wheel to tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- Excited to shape and promote our design culture here at Policygenius and looking to have one of those Lady & The Tramp spaghetti moments with your next employer
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!