THESKIMM & DESIGN
TheSkimm is dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. We're changing the way our 7 million community members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. TheSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and we’ve helped more than 400,000 people to take action with us in the 2020 elections.
theSkimm’s design team is a group of fast-moving, innovative creators who thrive on building beautiful experiences Skimm’rs love. As a member of the design team, you’ll envision and create impactful product experiences to educate, inform, and inspire our community.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will lead and develop product design experiences end-to-end and grow the product design team. Reporting to the VP of Design, you’ll be responsible for making every touchpoint with our members memorable. You’ll work with product and engineering to deliver amazing, consistent, and novel experiences. We can’t wait to see you in action.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead product design and execution across our web experiences and iOS app
- Build the product design team and discipline at theSkimm
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to develop the short-term and long-term roadmap
- Guide how we use user research and analytics data to inform decisions
- Run design reviews, brainstorming and collaboration sessions
- Partner with leads on planning, staffing, and managing priorities
- Level-up theSkimm design system
- Foster a collaborative process with teams across the organization
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the brand design system, understanding the value of design patterns and helping to build and maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of product design experience
- A player/coach able to be hands on and build out a team
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Give feedback with kindness and candor
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills
- Proficient in Figma and prototyping tools
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Keen interest in elevating theSkimm’s products and bringing new offerings to life
- 2+ years of management experience
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.