Lead UX Designer - Search & Discovery
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
We’re looking for a Lead User Experience Designer to contribute to the growth & innovation of Search & Discovery Experience - specifically Search Engine UX & Design: Autocomplete, Filters & Facets, Instant Search Results
- Cultivate a deep understanding of AlphaSense’s existing product UX across platforms & ensure any future iterations are executed with reverence for a cohesive experience.
- Work closely & collaboratively with the Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Manage your bandwidth & project pipeline to execute UX design in time with your team’s software roadmap.
- Prototype & run user interviews & understand personas & user cases around upcoming roadmapped features.
- Collaboratively brainstorm & evolve feature UX with the Product Manager / wider scrum team.
- Create extremely detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements from Product Management, & communicate UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Quickly iterate & offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Evaluate, test, & iterate on current core experiences.
- Work with Product Management, & Engineering to ensure executed work matches UX vision.
- 8+ Years of Software User Experience &/or Information Architecture experience at consumer or enterprise focused technology company.
- Top tier User Experience, Testing, Research & Information Architecture skills.
- Experience in Search Engine UX & Design: Autocomplete, Filters & facets, Instant Search Results best practices.
- Dedicated to how software products “function” & how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals.
- Strong, proven skill in creating wireframes & other common UX design artifacts
- Deeply collaborative & iterative approach to product UX, focused on ensuring a unified experience across products.
- Obsessive attention to detail & ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems & to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Exceptional design velocity: especially in developing wireframe & flow variations.
- Excellent communication, organization skills. & experience working closely with Product Managers & Engineers.
- Understands interaction design fundamentals & UI design best practices.
- Has experience conducting & coordinating remote- & in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, & in documenting the results & findings.
- Has experience using prototyping & user testing practices to understand usability of concepts - to learn & iterate on the UX design.