Peloton is seeking a Lead UX Prototype Engineer to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This role will work directly with UX and UI designers and User Researchers to translate new product and features designs into interactive prototypes.
This is the first role of its kind at Peloton. This role will work across Peloton Product Design teams and will report directly to the VP of Product Design and UX.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Produce interactive prototypes to assist in user research and feature development.
- Understand the prospective use of the prototype to better understand the required fidelity and best method for delivering the experience
- Translate feature requirements, user flows, wireframes, and UI mockups provided by the UX and UI designers into interactive prototypes.
- Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity and complexity utilizing different tools, platforms, and programming languages.
- Prepare prototypes for testing in coordination with User Research team, and observe and support testing to ensure valid results.
- Collaborate daily with UX Designers, UI Designers, and User Researchers.
- Advise front-end engineering teams on implementation of prototyped interactions.
- Work across the Product Design team and support several simultaneous projects on tight deadlines.
- Work with Engineering to integrate with various Peloton hardware products and third party sensors to power interactive prototypes.
- Build and maintain reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on high fidelity prototyping.
- Advise Product, Design, and UX Teams with technical expertise.
- Passionate about UI, UX and interaction design.
- Sits at the intersection of engineering and design.
- Highly collaborative and communicative; takes feedback well.
- Self managed; can set timelines independently and stick to schedules.
- Takes a lean approach to solving problems and demonstrating ideas.
- Understands the imperfect nature of prototyping.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to learn new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry.
- Supportive of other designers; interested in bringing the work of other designers to life.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in development or prototyping.
- Portfolio of relevant product design prototyping work displaying.
- Experience in UI development; working with designers and with design tools (Sketch, etc.)
- 6+ years of front-end/UI development and experimental prototyping experience.
- Strong experience with a variety of platforms, languages, and tools such as:
- ReactJS Framework
- Swift and UIKit development for iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS
- Android SDK and Android development
- Experience building physical prototypes (electrical engineering.)
- Experience building software prototypes on integrated hardware products.
- Interested in helping mentor junior peers.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.