Lead UX Prototype Engineer
Peloton is seeking a Lead UX Prototype Engineer to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This role will work directly with UX and UI designers and User Researchers to translate new product and features designs into interactive prototypes.
This is the first role of its kind at Peloton. This role will work across Peloton Product Design teams and will report directly to the VP of Product Design and UX.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Produce interactive prototypes to assist in user research and feature development.
- Understand the prospective use of the prototype to better understand the required fidelity and best method for delivering the experience
- Translate feature requirements, user flows, wireframes, and UI mockups provided by the UX and UI designers into interactive prototypes.
- Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity and complexity utilizing different tools, platforms, and programming languages.
- Prepare prototypes for testing in coordination with User Research team, and observe and support testing to ensure valid results.
- Collaborate daily with UX Designers, UI Designers, and User Researchers.
- Advise front-end engineering teams on implementation of prototyped interactions.
- Work across the Product Design team and support several simultaneous projects on tight deadlines.
- Work with Engineering to integrate with various Peloton hardware products and third party sensors to power interactive prototypes.
- Build and maintain reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on high fidelity prototyping.
- Advise Product, Design, and UX Teams with technical expertise.
- Passionate about UI, UX and interaction design.
- Sits at the intersection of engineering and design.
- Highly collaborative and communicative; takes feedback well.
- Self managed; can set timelines independently and stick to schedules.
- Takes a lean approach to solving problems and demonstrating ideas.
- Understands the imperfect nature of prototyping.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to learn new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry.
- Supportive of other designers; interested in bringing the work of other designers to life.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in development or prototyping.
- Portfolio of relevant product design prototyping work displaying.
- Experience in UI development; working with designers and with design tools (Sketch, etc.)
- 6+ years of front-end/UI development and experimental prototyping experience.
- Strong experience with a variety of platforms, languages, and tools such as:
- ReactJS Framework
- Swift and UIKit development for iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS
- Android SDK and Android development
- Experience building physical prototypes (electrical engineering.)
- Experience building software prototypes on integrated hardware products.
- Interested in helping mentor junior peers.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our members and customers first and we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience–be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.