Peloton is seeking a Lead UX Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our digital presence and ecommerce store. This UX Researcher will work directly with the acquisition Product Managers, Product Designer and Developers to influence and impact roadmap and solutions through qualitative and quantitative research. This role sits on the Web Acquisition and Member Experience team and reports directly to Product Design Director.IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Evolve Peloton’s existing user-experience research infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders to come up with a research roadmap that will inform projects as well as business opportunities.
- Mentor and support peers or juniors on research practices
- Source participants for user research and testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on flat-designs, prototypes, beta, and finished products and features.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Implement tools to observe user behavior and interaction remotely.
- Monitor member social and support channels for feedback trends to identify as high impact opportunities for further learning. Consolidate, quantify, and report on the results of any user testing, interviewing, etc. in a concise way to clearly communicate recommendations on product and feature direction.
- During feature definition, work with Product Managers and Product Designer to identify decision points that may benefit from testing, and define timeline, scope, and methodology for potential testing.
- Regularly conduct user research and testing on existing Peloton acquisition products, to identify pain points and ensure that the current experience is constantly improving.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- 8+ years of UX Research experience (or similar relevant experience)
- Proven leadership experience in advocating User Research across teams
- Ability to mentor other team members on research objectives and tactics
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting user testing of web experiences
- Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
- Experience in reporting on user testing results in a concise and actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Experience building flat prototype with Invision
- Can distill relevant information from a heap of data around product usage
As a Bonus:
- Experience analyzing consumer web products
- Experience working in an agile scrum team
- Experience in health and fitness, gaming, or other related fields
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.