Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Tech
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Lead Visual Designer, Product
Join a dynamic and tight-knit team of UX designers, visual designers, and front end and mobile engineers to expand and codify Gemini’s digital identity. As a Product Designer, you live and breath the user experience; guided by data and business objectives, you will collaborate with developers to create an interface that not only delights the user, but educates them on the power of cryptocurrency. This is an incredibly exciting and unique opportunity to take the lead on projects that will define the crypto user experience across all digital touchpoints and help us enable a value revolution through the power of digital assets.
- Evolve, explore and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple digital projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to lead individual projects and work autonomously
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers in order to create elegant simple interfaces
- Informally mentor and support other members of the product design team
- Support multiple business lines with creation of digital assets
- Minimum of 6 years experience with a portfolio that showcases a user centric design approach to visual communication with an eye for detail
- Proven experience managing large scale projects from conception to launch
- Demonstrates an in-depth, understanding of typography, hierarchy, motion and interactive
- Must have experience in creating visual user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Excellent time management with strong organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills
- An ability to explore multiple solutions for complex problems
- Team player and self-starter with a hunger for collaboration across all disciplines of design, product and engineering
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator), and the Google suite of apps
- Strong sensibilities of user experience, validating design decisions through user feedback, quantitative insights, and business objectives
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.