Learning and Development Manager at Policygenius
About the role…
Are you passionate about human-centered training? Eager to build and scale high-impact learning experiences? We’re looking for an innovative, enthusiastic Senior Instructional Designer to join the Policygenius Learning & Development team!
L&D at Policygenius is an integral part of the People strategy to create “the best job you’ll ever have”. We reskill, upskill, and inspire human talent and potential. Our primary mission is to create a continuous learning culture that galvanizes (and enables) each Pg-er to take the reins of their own growth and development.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, L&D, you will work alongside key stakeholders to drive and scale learning experiences that have major business and human impact. Your contribution will touch the learning journey of every Pg-er, including new hire and in-function onboarding, regulatory and compliance, soft skills for all levels, technical skills, data literacy and people leader development.
As our Sr. Instructional Designer, you’ll join a new team designed to expand access to learning opportunities and skill development and will be first on the ground building strategic learning programs from zero to one and beyond.
In this role, you will…
- Drive creative learning solutions (ILT, eLearning, video, microlearning etc.) to meet learners’ needs and solve business opportunities across the enterprise.Consult independently with stakeholders to untangle learning requests, recommend learning options and redirect if necessary, and ultimately propose learning designs that best suit the problem, outcomes, audience, and environment.
- Own the creation and implementation of new hire, in-function and people leader learning programs.
- Develop best in class materials including eLearning, facilitation materials, participant guides, worksheets, job aids, animations, video, and voiceovers, in alignment with company brand and design standards.
- Independently surface and deliver win-win solutions that leverage our entire enterprise learning ecosystem.
- Become the “go-to expert” for business stakeholders on learning journey design and training facilitation.
- Manage projects through all phases and milestones including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Practice an empathy-driven approach to content design that involves understanding the diversity of our learners and learning environments.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years conceptualizing, developing and implementing learning programs, courses and curriculum for a wide variety of audiences (technical and non-technical, exempt and non-exempt, individual contributors, people managers).
- You have 6+ years of training facilitation experience in both ILT and virtual environments.
- You are a highly motivated, productive, and independent developer in a fast-paced/startup or hyper growth environment.
- You have a passion for instructional design and a knowledge of adult learning best practices and methodologies, including assessment and evaluation.
- You think outside the box to build highly creative and effective learning solutions.
- You are able to adapt to the rapidly changing needs of customers and internal stakeholders.
- You are a "people person" who can build internal trust and rapport with ease.
- You have extensive experience driving projects to completion.
- You have expert knowledge of common learning authoring tools (i.e. Adobe & Articulate) and LMS platforms (i.e. Lessonly, Docebo)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!