Manager, Clinical Design at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Manager, Clinical Design can manage an interdisciplinary group of stakeholders across a long project timeline. They can bring folks along, giving them a voice and operationalizing a vision (including working with tech to build appropriate product solutions, and working with market teams to train care team members on new workflows). They translate the Clinical Product Team Lead’s roadmap into a project plan, build a sprint team around it, execute logistics of engagement with SMEs and stakeholders outside the sprint team, assign owners for various projects/tasks, and keep everyone on track. This individual:
- Manages the entire process of the design sprint, including ensuring that the right people are together at the right time to progress design plan and ensuring we are meeting delivery timeline and deadlines
- Engages cross-functionally across the organization to lead teams to define clinical product requirements, design solutions, develop and oversee implementation plans, drive results and timelines, and resolve issues by course-correcting as necessary
- With the Clinical Design Team Leader, execute on the logistics of structured engagement with key clinical and operational SMEs to identify best in class features to be integrated into the clinical design to enable growth, expansion, and scale of future state clinical operations
- Prepares deliverables for business, technology, and operations leadership teams in a way that adds value, achieves alignment on path forward, and influences execution against timelines
- Makes informed design and ops decisions with the right cross-functional input
- Architects, builds, tests and delivers innovative care delivery products and services to members and clients; key milestones include leading design sprints through successful creation and testing of prototypes and translation of feedback into product build, development of final technical requirements, on-time product launches and monitoring ongoing operations for accuracy and quality.
- Builds relationships with clinicians and teams on the front lines to understand key pain points, experience interactions between people and technical systems, and foster buy-in to enable robust prototyping, testing, and ultimate delivery of strong product design.
- Responsible for socializing product business requirements, priorities, and timelines with matrixed partners that own clinical people and practice operations, product architecture, build and delivery; team is responsible for translating requirements and providing context to key partners.
- Serves as product subject matter expert and responsible for problem-solving and solutioning with architecture, build and delivery teams to support new cross-functional processes, technologies, and ways of working.
- With the Clinical Design Team Lead, prepare content to report on progress and needs to Chief Clinical Innovation Officer and executive leadership and translates sprint progress and asks of key stakeholder groups.
Requirements for the Role:
- Deep commitment to care for vulnerable populations including dedication to improving health outcomes that matter to patients, patient and clinician experience, and health equity.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of project management, process improvement, or health care consulting experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize, and strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of independent judgment and initiative to deftly navigate a complex business landscape and influence across multiple teams.
- Ability to proactively identify and escalate critical issues that will delay progress, compromise quality, or limit the team’s ability to achieve our goals.
How We Define Success:
- Oversee to completion of 1-2 clinical design sprints launched each quarter
- Execution of clinical design plan spanning people, processes, technology, data and measurement for 1-2 clinical design sprints launched each quarter
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with clinical practice facilitation and change management
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.