Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
As a Design Manager within the UX team at Zocdoc, you will drive the evolution and adoption of a multi-channel design system that will empower the entire organization to build with consistency, efficiency, and quality. You will be responsible for creating a visual language and library that is scalable, accessible, inclusive, and easy to use. You’ll own the visual and technical direction of the design system in partnership with highly collaborative design and development teams. You’ll also determine the roadmap and key milestones to push the system forward strategically. Your work will be integral to delivering exceptional experiences that put patients first.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are...
- A leader with experience defining a strategic roadmap that drives experimentation and execution
- A systems thinker who’s eager to solve problems and tackle complexity
- A strong communicator and natural collaborator who can build trusted relationships with various partners and stakeholders
- Deeply invested in quality design and able to inspire creativity and concept generation
- Organized and adept at streamlining processes, coordinating design activities, and managing feedback loops
Your day-to-day is…
- Designing! You’ll be the primary designer of the system and responsible for incorporating product iterations as the system expands
- Partnering with designers and engineers to successfully develop and integrate the design system throughout the organization
- Collaborating with the brand team on Zocdoc’s overall visual direction to create alignment and synergy between creative and product designers
- Evangelizing the design system's mission and the importance of quality UI and visual branding
- Providing rationale for decisions and being transparent about your process to varying stakeholders
- Making progress toward milestones and aligning with product release planning
- Creating governance processes and authoring documentation for designers and engineers
- Leveraging research and data to understand customer needs and its influence on the evolving library
- Facilitating meetings with designers and partners to gather feedback and assess needs, and conducting design workshops for component library additions and iterations
- Reporting system usage and progress on a regular basis to leadership and stakeholders
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 6+ years of proven success delivering consumer experiences with strategic impact
- Experience building and driving adoption of effective design systems
- 2+ years of leading and guiding designers within agile teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Outstanding visual design skills and expertise in Figma best practices
- Strong knowledge of current, emerging UI patterns and design trends
- Strong understanding of accessibility and WCAG compliance
- Technical understanding of HTML, CSS, React
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care option for employees
- Catered Lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.