Model Maker at Peloton
The Peloton Prototype Shop is looking for a detail oriented model maker to help bring ideas to life. This role collaborates with our Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design teams to turn R&D and product development projects into tangible models and prototype the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is a hands-on problem solver with model making experience and a desire to learn what you don’t already know. All applicants should be able to read technical drawings, work independently and think quickly.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Assist in all in-house prototyping efforts.
- Fabricate solutions in a wide variety of materials and processes.
- Field multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Communicate technical information through various media including: clear and concise language, drawing, digital Images, short and professional email.
- Demonstrate an ability to master new problems thoroughly and quickly.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a shop environment.
- Bachelors degree in Art, Design or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in model making technique (analog & digital).
- Good command of 3d modeling technique & knowledge of 3d print practice.
- Familiarity with industrial fabrication processes: machining, sheet metal, casting, thermoforming, etc…
- Good work habits and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks (preferred) or equivalent CAD software.
- Experience with painting and finishing.
- CNC Machining experience and CAM programming a plus.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.