NowThis News is seeking a Motion Designer to help lead the animated strategy for our visual design team. This includes enhancing and implementing our motion toolkits across existing franchises inside the newsroom, executing upcoming original series initiatives and assisting design team in our various platforms.
This is a full time role within the NowThis design team working directly with our lead Art Directors. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in being part of a diverse environment and working across a wide range of projects that impact and are seen by millions of young people every day.
- Lead the motion strategy of upcoming original content series and executing toolkits for new and existing franchises/platforms
- Implement motion for special editions/reports for both the newsroom and special platforms
- Develop a deep understanding of NowThis’ current motion strategy and stay ahead of current industry trends
- Collaborate with the art directors, graphic designers, and editors to create a cohesive product or toolkit
- Organize and prioritize projects to ensure all deadlines are met with precision
- 4-6 years of motion design experience with advanced knowledge of After Effects, After Effects Expressions, Premiere, and Illustrator
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot edit/technical problems
- Deep understanding of social platforms and digital storytelling
- Creative thinker with a strapping sense of design and ability to stay ahead of current trends
- Self-starter with a passionate interest in storytelling and new media
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Enthusiastically collaborative: an ability to work with a team of editors, producers, and designers
- A sense of humor and great attitude
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.