Presentation Designer at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
At Foursquare, you’ll be working to fulfill our meaningful mission alongside some of the best talent in the industry. This is a niche design role, and we’re looking for a true specialist. In the role you’ll serve as a critical member of the Design team, working closely with our Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure the Foursquare brand is consistent and that presentation and collateral match the company brand, values, mission, and goals. Your graphic design skills focus on creating visually empowering presentations that sell the company services, products, or are used in a product demo, or as part of a keynote presentation. Your personal mission is to create presentations that drive value, generate sales, and give internal team members the power to succeed through powerful presentations.You are a creative genius with an eye for page layout that makes slides accessible over a Zoom call or across a packed conference room. As a Presentation Designer you’re a great collaborator, working with your stakeholders to take a concept and turn it into a visual masterpiece. You are deadline driven, organized and most importantly, understand how people view and understand content.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design and creation of incredible Google slides and PowerPoint templates for company, product and client presentations; rich in detail, animation, and other high-level design elements.
- Work with Exec and senior team stakeholders to produce quality creative work that meets our client’s expectations and timelines.
- Experience designing templates and layouts and will be able to follow strict brand guidelines.
- Quickly able to solve issues like blurry images, confusing layouts, and ineffective design, bringing an exceptional level of finesse and polish to our presentations and sales collateral
- Ensures production responsibilities are completed to meet Service Level Agreement guidelines and client expectations.
- Build and Implement new approaches and apply to design work
- Act as a champion of brand standards and guidelines
- Maintain global brands’ graphic aesthetic and quality
- Manage & execute multiple projects at once, efficiently meeting deadlines
- Act as an inspiration & mentor to junior designers
- Follow creative direction, work in a group dynamic, and actively participate on any given project or team to which assigned
- Strong sense of design - layout, typography, color, photography & illustration and a passion for quality production, having a good eye for design and aesthetics to create well-thought-out presentations
- 4 years of design experience in-house or in a digital agency environment, preferably with a media or technology brand.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong conceptual ability, along with expert design and layout skill
- Intimate knowledge of presentation programs such as PowerPoint, Google Slides and Keynote
- You are fluent in the latest Design tools: Sketch / Figma / Photoshop / Illustrator and be able to learn new programs as needed.
- Self-starter and well-organized
- Positive Attitude; receptive to creative direction and design feedback
- You understand the importance of the design process, creative reviews and you’re comfortable in high pressure situations with fast turnarounds and tight deadlines.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all brand presentation is of a high standard, able to easily liaise with people outside the design team & create work based on a verbal or written brief.
- You are curious and have the ability to acquire, assimilate and process new information with little direction.
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.