Principal Product Designer (Lasting) at Talkspace
Our mission at Lasting is to ensure that every couple has access to effective, affordable relationship help. We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Designer to join Lasting, a high-growth startup and new division at Talkspace.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be the user experience and design leader of our division
- As the design leader of our growing business, you’ll play an influential role in all major product decisions. You’ll bring design thinking and product insight into those conversations to help us solve a wide range of user and business problems
- Working with a product counterpart who owns the "problem space," you'll own the "solution space" from start to finish. You'll take well defined problems and lead a process that results in simple, usable and beautiful solutions
- You’ll foster collaboration and consistency across teams and products by working closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to build great experiences. You’ll partner with our product and research team to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design
- You will always champion user experience, product consistency, and design excellence
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual, user experience, and interaction design skills
- 4+ years experience as a product designer
- 2 years experience designing mobile apps
- Knowledge of the technical constraints and best practices as they apply to designing for iOS and Android apps
- Awareness of inclusive design principles and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of Figma (or Sketch)
- 2+ years of experience at a major consumer brand is a plus
- Consumer subscription experience is a major plus
This role is a fit for you if...
- You've done the full stack of product design work. You are comfortable structuring and running research, generating user experience designs, creating polished user interfaces, collaborating with developers to build your solution, and iterating based on user behavior
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can change course when new information comes to light. You take pride in finding extremely simple solutions to complex problems
- You’re passionate about helping families and couples everywhere and using technology to make a positive social impact
- You have a product design toolkit that includes Design Thinking methodologies, design systems knowledge, prototyping, user research, and product insights. You have deep knowledge of the iOS and Android mobile app ecosystems
Why Lasting by Talkspace?Lasting from Talkspace is a relationship counseling company and creator of the #1 relationship health app, as seen on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and many more. Our product helps millions of couples nurture and repair their emotional connection.
In light of America’s 45% divorce rate, we believe that relationships are one of the most important and pressing issues of our time. Consider the following:
- Research has shown that relationships are as vital to your overall health as diet and exercise. People in healthy relationships live 10 years longer on average, and marriages in distress can lead to a variety of physical health issues;
- The key factor in lifelong happiness and satisfaction is maintaining long-term, healthy relationships;
- Most importantly, the leading factor in the cognitive, emotional, and social development of children (and the future generation) is relationships (i.e. the emotional connection between the two parents).
Lasting is a scrappy startup trying to solve difficult problems, sprint quickly, and scale its service globally to help build and maintain relationships everywhere. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.