Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world’s largest organizations and government agencies. Our platform combines market-leading proprietary machine learning models with performant workforce management interfaces to achieve superior automation rates.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution demonstrates higher character and handwriting transcription accuracy than Microsoft, Azure, and Google offerings in multiple languages. Our products have been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited, and Voya Financial.
Hyperscience has grown from 100 employees in early 2020 to over 300 today. Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
Hyperscience has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
As a Principal Product Designer you will get to create a unique customer-facing area of the Hyperscience product, such as human ML interactions, AI/ML model management, workflow orchestration, cloud deployment, or developer experiences. Creating these will involve closely collaborating with a fully staffed squad of a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, backend, frontend, and machine learning engineers.
Hyperscience Designers apply user-centered design and lean product principles to address complex enterprise software challenges at the bleeding edge of technology. Designers have an end-to-end purview that includes performing research to discover user pains and needs, prototyping and testing solutions, and designing high-quality visual artifacts to communicate those solutions to their team and broader stakeholders. Candidates should have expertise in research as well as interaction and visual design for complex web applications.
Principal Product Designers have the opportunity to be professional and cultural leaders within the Design team, advocates for Design within the organization, and drivers of best design practices. Principal Product Designers at Hyperscience can choose to pursue either a management or IC track.
- Surface lean solutions in a complex technical landscape.
- Lead many varieties of research in order to understand user and stakeholders needs.
- Leverage evidence to inform and shape the user experience, to connect teammates with user needs, and to design solutions that will address user and business needs.
- Design workflows and other solutions that solve user problems and enable them to accomplish tasks in Hyperscience effectively.
- Build prototypes, run tests, and iterate with users in order to reduce risk and ship products that solve real problems.
- Maintain a vocabulary of effective user interface patterns and practices for enterprise software.
- Determine how a large area of the product will interact with people, facilitate conversations to gather feedback, and proactively share research findings.
- Engage the full team in the design process so that design work is aligned to business needs and is technically feasible.
- Demonstrate curiosity and understanding of the broader context that surrounds Hyperscience users: the organizations they work for, the problems they are trying to solve, and the automation industry at large.
- Maintain sufficient expertise in the technical underpinnings of Hyperscience to collaborate with a team of PMs and Engineers.
- 5+ years experience in Product Design for enterprise-grade web applications or services, with a portfolio demonstrating this experience
- A strong interest in user-centered design principles and qualitative research methods
- Expertise in interaction design and defining user flows
- Comfort with ambiguity - our company is growing! As we scale we’re looking for a Designer that is comfortable diving into that ambiguity to help drive the product forward
- Proficiency in visual design and prototyping tools, e.g. Figma
- Partnering with Engineering and Product Management to understand tradeoffs between effort and value is second nature for you
- Keen interest in telling compelling design stories to a broad array of internal stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Nice to haves
- Interest or experience in managing a small group of Product Designer-level team members.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.