Principal Product Designer at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
This position is for an expert-level designer looking to join a highly impactful, creative, and dynamic team.
- You have experience designing and shipping successful experiences for enterprise users and/or have the ability to work within a technical and highly complex environment.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, and the needs of our customers and can transform those insights into beautifully designed products.
- You are a strong interaction designer and demonstrate a deep understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture.
- You have great communication skills. You can elegantly navigate conversations, facilitate brainstorms, thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders, and negotiate with collaborators.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have a strong intuition, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct and validate your ideas through user research and feedback.
What You’ll Do
As a Principal Product Designer you'd be joining a small, but growing team focused on delivering valuable and intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, and enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Lead design visions across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll set the direction for the user experience while collaborating with engineering and product management counterparts.
- Operate in an experiment-driven environment. You’ll generate multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire.
- Solve complex problems at scale and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Become an expert about our users and use this knowledge to inform your designs and advocate for their needs.
- Define and uphold high standards for visual and interaction design. Inspire other designers, critique their work, and provide guidance based on your range of experiences.
- Grow and help manage our design system in a scalable way.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience designing web and mobile applications, preferably SaaS products
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing complex user workflows for integrated systems, information architecture, visual design, usability research/analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS, and a working knowledge of current engineering approaches to building enterprise products.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.