Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As the Principal, Value Based Performance Design, you are a non-clinical leader with deep experience in value-based care, provider reimbursement, network, and risk-based partnership strategies. You provide research, analysis, and recommendations on the external environment and best practice solutions as part of the development of strategic plans and roadmaps for care innovation and program design.
In this role, you will:
- Define priority design features that optimize for success in capitation.
- Be able to conduct rigorous review of peer-to-peer research and meta-analyses to evaluate evidence to support critical design decisions where primary data are not available.
- Be responsible for the ongoing documentation of the evidence and rationale for design in partnership with the head of/directors.
- Be responsible for asking the “right questions of the data” when it comes to value based care performance and translating this to a crisply defined scope for data analysis.
- Work in partnership with the performance and measurement design director and will ensure judicious use of data analyst resources and effort.
- Be responsible for development of core messages, synthesis or results and other content for clinical communications teams to leverage for internal and external comms and marketing purposes.
- Own individual objectives and key results of specific design sprints.
- Based on feedback from actuarial, ops, and other relevant stakeholders, recommend adjustments to design for adjudication with Chief Care Innovation and Program Design officer in partnership with the Head of/Directors leading design sprints.
- In full partnership with the Head of and Directors of Care Innovation and Program Design, meet regularly with the product excellence, product and platform leadership to ensure timely updates and escalation of barriers to progress.
- Work closely with the Head of Care Innovation and Program and Partnership Design to identify and execute on opportunities for partnerships incentivized through value based contracts to desired outcomes for our members.
- Structure and execute analyses around Cityblock performance in value based care for trade and academic forums.
Requirements for the Role:
- > 8 years of experience in healthcare transformation, value-based care design/contracting, partnership design, or shared savings program design.
- Deep commitment to care for vulnerable populations including dedication to improving health outcomes that matter to patients, patient and clinician experience, and health equity.
- Experience using financial models and analysis to design high impact, evidence-based solutions.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication skills, and customer-centric approach.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data, test hypotheses, and communicate crisply to prioritize, simplify, and adapt objectives and key results to meet product vision and goal.
- Ability to simultaneously be in the weeds while also maintaining a high-level vision and direction to promote forward progress. Willingness to lean in, get hands dirty, and be proactive in anticipating challenges.
How We Define Success:
- Develop strong relationships with members of other parts of the organization to understand strategic priorities and challenges and analyze how they may need to impact clinical design
- Working across teams in the organization, identify high opportunity clinical levers around which to center clinical design efforts
- Across each design team and sprint, author, review, and refine the OKRs to ensure design sprints are meeting core value based care performance needs
Nice to Have, But Not Required
- MPH, MPA, MHA, MBA or other advanced degree in health policy, management or administration
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.