Product Design Director at Latch
Latch is seeking a Product Design Director to join our Product team. You will lead a growing team of product designers, providing direction and guidance for their team’s output, as well as stewarding best practices in cross-functional partnership and design process. This person will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy for our core software products, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. As a Product Design Director, you’ll also provide design mentorship and be a champion for both craft and career development, as well as create the operational space and organizational cover to help their designers focus on executing their best work.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world's first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work.
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas. Be able explore divergent concepts and create design trajectory for the company.
- Lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issues to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, web, and email.
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design.
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team.
- Step change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams.
- Hire and retain top talent, focusing on attracting designers from various backgrounds and perspectives.
- 10+ years years of experience working in the fields of application design, visual design and interaction design.
- 3-5 years experience in management of design teams.
- Experience in product strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of design ops best practices and modern design tools.
- A deep understanding of end-to-end product design processes, including journey mapping, information architecture, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing and UX writing.
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of your product over time.
- Extensive experience designing, building and shipping finished products.
- A portfolio featuring interaction and visual design work.
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy-in for your and your team’s ideas.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice