Product Design Lead, Commerce at Squarespace
Product Design Lead, Commerce
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for a Product Design Lead with a UX background to champion the strategy and launch of several new features. You'll partner closely with user research, product, and engineering teams to create a vision and strategy to help entrepreneurs start and grow their online businesses. You’ll be responsible for improving the current experience, but also working on new features to define the future of selling online. As the Product Design Lead you will also guide the work of other designers and mentor junior members of the team. You can identify new areas of opportunity for the product, and ensure excellence in craft and usability. Experience in e-commerce and a passion for empowering small businesses a plus.
You will report to the Senior Product Design Manager, Commerce. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience.
- Build the user experience and detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept through delivery and beyond
- Help shape the team’s roadmap by understanding and advocating for user needs
- Help define key metrics to track success and business impact
- Maintain clear team alignment around goals and priorities
- Approach an open-ended problem space with vigor and clarity
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Be data-driven and have a desire to improve the experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.