Product Design Manager, Marketing Products
Squarespace is a design-centric product company that enables anyone to make it beautiful. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act.
The Marketing Products team is seeking a Product Design Manager to join us in developing onboarding experiences that help Squarespace customers feel confident in the platform and in their creative ideas.
You will recruit and lead the designers needed for this team to build the best small and medium business marketing and analytics products in the world, including our existing Email Campaigns and Analytics products, across desktop and mobile, as well as future products currently being planned. This is an opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the future of millions of people and businesses by helping them get started establishing online presences for their businesses.
At Squarespace, you will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
This role reports to the Director of Product Design in New York.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Develop the designers on your team, set clear goals, manage workloads, and ensure their overall happiness
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Work with designers and teams to ensure the best, most relevant processes and practices are employed and evolved as necessary
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and research
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Help drive strategy in the areas you manage, including competitive research and pushing to leverage potential opportunities
- Deliver polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Collaborate on evolving our style guides
- 8+ years of digital/product design experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Pragmatic idealist
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using tools like Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.