Product Design Manager
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act.
We are looking for a product design manager to lead designers across several of our product teams. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization which values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will motivate and guide your team, building it out as necessary, and help them deliver simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
This position reports to the Director of Product Design in our NYC headquarters.
- Develop the designers on your team, set clear goals, manage workloads, and ensure their overall happiness
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Foster a culture of innovation and high quality
- Work with designers and teams to ensure the best, most relevant processes and practices are employed and evolved as necessary
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and research
- Oversee project briefs and scoping
- Ensure stakeholders stay involved and informed
- Chip in as a designer on projects as necessary and worthwhile
- Help drive strategy in the areas you manage, including competitive research and pushing to leverage potential opportunities
- Proactively address product rot
- 7+ years of digital/product design experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Pragmatic idealist
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using tools like Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of web and mobile applications
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a product experience
- Ability to focus despite an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.