Product Design Manager at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
TpT is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead and grow a team of talented Product Designers. Candidates must have a collaborative approach to working with and mentoring a cross-functional team to deliver a quality product experience and achieve clearly defined company objectives.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a diverse team of Product Designers
- Support design team best practices, processes, and user-centered methodologies
- Conduct design critiques and provide thoughtful and actionable feedback
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a generalist product designer in any aspect of product design responsibilities: user research to mock-ups / prototyping to eng hand-off to product release and iteration
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure product teams execute quickly and deliver impactful results against company goals
- Raise the visibility and voice of the design team within the company and with the NYC design community
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in a people management and design leadership role (with at least 4 direct reports)
- Minimum 6 years of real-world Product Design experience
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating design studios or design sprints
- A comprehensive portfolio that showcases all stages of the design process
Qualities for a Successful Candidate
- Results-driven and accountable for your outcomes
- Outstanding communicator and active listener
- Appreciate the gift of feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower educators
- Experience with Ed-Tech or Marketplaces
- Previous experience taking new products to market
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.