Product Design Manager at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We're looking for a Product Design Manager to help our design team (designers, researchers, and writers) work more efficiently and effectively, and to ensure design is consistently and strongly represented within the company. If you're a servant leader who is passionate about advocating for design in all forums and finding the best tools, processes, and systems to enable designers to excel, then this is the right role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, coach and mentor a small team of incredibly talented designers to ensure their professional development
- Manage strategic initiatives that improve the product and design team’s efficiency and impact
- Create structured product feedback loops, synthesize insights from multiple sources and ensure the voice of the user is shared throughout the organization
- Partner with the Director of Product to build and run a world-class process for roadmap planning and maintenance
- Operationalize product and feature development in partnership with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Support teams
- Focus on increasing the impact of the design team through improving ways of working, hiring, recruiting strategy, and collaboration.
- Work hands-on and embedded in product squads as needed to conceptualize and design solutions for key initiatives
Who you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of projects and technologies
- An excellent verbal and written communicator (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross-functional teams, etc.)
- Able to easily switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- Looking to expand and establish a strong design practice across functions
- An open-minded learner. You are open to learning from others and growing together
- Passionate about product development
- Excited about mentoring and helping designers grow
- A strong portfolio showcasing problem-solving, design execution, and product strategy (portfolio is required for consideration)
- Have 5+ years of experience in design at a consumer-facing, product-driven company and a minimum of 2 years in design team building and management
- Have managed a team of 5 or more
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools, and technology cross-platform
- Experience collaborating on UX research and split-testing frameworks
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Prior design experience at a two-sided marketplace or social platform is preferred
We're considering remote candidates located anywhere in the United States.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?