Namely is looking for an experienced Product Design Team Lead to support our design team in building best-in-class solutions for HR professionals. As a Product Design Team Lead you will help create a clear vision and strategy for design at Namely. You will lead and mentor a small team of talented product designers who work across Namely’s suite of products. Along with leading the team there will be work as an individual contributor on high profile projects.
You’ll have a direct impact on Namely’s business through ownership of the design team and strategy. You will be integral in solving problems and building solutions for our clients that innovate and improve the user experience of our platform.
- Oversee all aspects of product design at Namely and maintain a high level of work for your team
- Work with Engineering and Product leadership to determine the Namely roadmap and figure out what initiatives we should prioritize
- Lead your team through all parts of the design process, including research insights, design shares and collaboration, conducting design reviews, and providing support through final delivery
- Manage and delegate all product design work for your team and ensure that work is prioritized for them to ensure on time delivery for product and engineering
- Communicate progress and key updates with other managers and leadership on a regular basis
- Foster collaborative relationships between your team and their product and engineering partners
- Be a champion for design and user experience within the organization
- Own Namely’s design system work and process with our FE Engineering manager
- Able to be hands-on and work on projects when needed
- Lead, develop, and inspire a world-class team of designers
- 6+ years of experience as a product designer building user-facing digital products to scale
- 2+ years of leading and managing 3+ direct reports
- Highly organized individual that can prioritize things for their team, understand timelines, and come up with a plan to execute on design
- Demonstrates the ability to drive impact through UX solutions that meet key OKRs and business objectives
- Experience designing and delivering large end to end products or features
- Experience owning design systems work end to end and building out robust design systems
- Expert interaction and visual design skills
- Strong ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation to small or large groups, from designers to executives
- Humble spirit with a go-getter attitude
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, ReactJS
- Experience working with B2B products
- Experience working on HRIS, Payroll, or Benefits products
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.