Product Designer – Consumer
We’re seeking a proven and creative Product Designer to work with the Head of Design to execute the vision, experience and visual identity of our consumer products — not just to make it easy for guests to book reservations — but also to connect those guests to our amazing world of restaurants. You’ll be involved at every step in the product development process, working closely with colleagues and stakeholders in Engineering, Product and Marketing to deliver experiences that delight and inform our guests.
You’ll design (and when necessary, prototype) highly-refined and streamlined features and flows, exploring themes of curation, search, discovery, personalization, social, loyalty and more. And you’ll embrace a quick-moving, iterative and transparent design process, open to experimentation and collaboration.
This role is at our headquarters in Soho, New York City.
OUR IDEAL ‘YOU’
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience designing for mobile consumer products.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates both a high-level of polish and execution, as well as a deep knowledge of iOS/Android app and/or Responsive Web patterns and conventions.
- You’re self-motivated and solutions-oriented, sharing responsibility for the team’s progress.
- You’re opinionated but low ego — you push yourself and your team for the best possible outcome, and accept feedback and Crit with humility.
- You share our love of restaurants, and want to help us spread that passion.
- Bonus points: Framer, design systems, HTML/CSS
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Quarterly AirBNB credit
- Equinox gym discount
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Make sure to include a resumé, portfolio link and a little about yourself. Maybe include your favorite restaurant, too.
WHO WE ARE
Resy is more than a tech company. We are restaurant-obsessed explorers, the kind of people who habitually hunt down the best restaurants long before the rest of the world discovers them. We know the places that don’t look like much from the outside can be the best spots in town. We love chefs because they are crazy and passionate and use food to make people happy.
That’s what Resy is about and why people love our platform. Obsession, knowledge and savvy combine into a secret sauce everyone tries to copy, but nobody can recreate.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Ben Leventhal, cofounder of Eater and restaurant industry entrepreneur; Gary Vaynerchuk, an entrepreneur, investor, author; and CTO Michael Montero, founder of CrowdTwist and Fotolog. Resy’s investors and partners include Airbnb, RSE Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Slow Ventures and Union Square Hospitality Group.
Recent news about Resy:
Resy’s Reserve Deal Is a Big Win for Diners — Grubstreet
Four-hundred New Yorkers are going to get their dinners for free this month — TimeOut
Inside Resy’s Vintage Restaurant-Inspired NYC Office — Lonny