Product Designer, Design Systems at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for experienced product designers to help guide the direction of the future of our platform. You will be challenged and take ownership of our product in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence.
The Design Platform team creates and implements the Squarespace design system. We’re the connective thread that enables product teams to design and build a user experience and interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling.
You'll work with designers and engineers on the Design Platform team and collaborate with the wider Product Design team to refine the Squarespace design language, and evolve the future of our products. You’re familiar and comfortable with the challenges of working with design systems and inspire quality and craft across our platform.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager, Design Platform. Join our team and help define the Squarespace design system.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the evolution of Squarespace’s visual language and user experience
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain and create new components for our library
- Manage team members and participate in driving and defining project scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Directly partner and support Squarespace product designers in using the design system
- Communicate and report organizational insights and developments with the Design Platform team
- Promote adoption of the design system across the organization
- Think holistically about the user experience and product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of global audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models
- Promote consistency and coherence across our design system, and identify areas for improvements
- You have 5+ years of Product Design experience with user experience and visual design
- You have experience designing with a systematic approach for consumer-facing digital products
- You are obsessive with attention to details and fundamentals
- You have demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams and take ownership to drive work forward
- You are thoughtful about inclusive design and accessibility
- You have participated or facilitated user testing and research
- You understand impact of design decisions and how to create meaningful product value
- You have experience presenting and tailoring your context to an audience
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.