We are looking for a Product Designer to be a part of the founding team of an exciting new business initiative at Teachable!
Teachable is best known for its platform that allows Creators to monetize their knowledge while owning their brand, customer relationship, and revenue stream. To supplement our core offering we are experimenting with ways to further help our Creators to generate more demand. We recently launched Discover by Teachable and are now building out a team to take this experiment to the next level.
You will be part of a cross-functional team that will ideate and build the next big product at Teachable. You will work closely with the Discover team to develop ideas from concept to implementation, and your exploration will be informed by user research. Together with your teammates you will envision and implement the overall UX and visual design for our new marketplace product.
As a member of our team you will be expected to have a scrappy and entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to collaborate seamlessly with other like-minded individuals. You will be building the foundation of a new product with high business potential, and the decisions that you make together with your teammates will have an enormous impact on the future of the product.
This position will report directly to the General Manager of Discover.
- Work closely with your teammates to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for a user-facing product that is expected to scale quickly
- Identify user needs, competitor products and trends, and best practices through research and usability tests in partnership with Product and Engineering
- Develop marketing assets and collateral for Discover and in alignment with Teachable’s overall brand and marketing strategy
- Collaborate effectively with a small team to iterate quickly, apply learnings, and deliver increasing amounts of customer value incrementally
- Sync with Design and other teams in the flagship Teachable product to leverage knowledge and shared design systems when necessary, while keeping the Discover product and systems decoupled from Teachable when it makes sense to do so
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment
- You love design - the process, conversation, big ideas, mediums, tools, and possibilities - and are guided by an insatiable curiosity and the desire to create compelling experiences
- You want to work with a team, in a team, being part of the entire process and helping out however you can, in accordance with our PEOPLE principles
- You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail but also when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- You are comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations with changing or unknown requirements
- You are a strong communicator who knows when to streamline and when to broadcast to a wider audience
- You have prior experience in a small startup or incubator environment, especially where you have seen the effects of your decisions with increasing scale
- Experience with marketplace applications is a big plus
- Technical understanding of web technologies (caching, performance, etc) a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.