Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for a Product Designer, who will primarily lead our Domains product while additionally supporting our CMS product in a global capacity. Our Domains product is one of our most profitable areas. We have an exciting vision to expand it globally and streamline the experience to promote more growth and retention. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work on our core CMS product helping our customers organize, layout, and style their websites.
You will report to the Senior Product Design Manager, Presence.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until September 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the product design of our Domains product by streamlining how users search, register, connect, renew, and manage their domains on our platform
- Secondary scope of helping out the CMS product team as needed
- Contribute to Domains OKRs, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working closely with PM and Engineering partners.
- Define problems, identify insights, and measure solutions through deep collaboration with Research and Product Analytics
- Attain and maintain a thorough understanding of our users
- Collaborate closely with other designers and Content Strategy on evolving solutions
- Collaborate with Design Systems to ensure your work integrates with our ecosystem
- Build end to end user experiences
- 4+ years of experience
- Can show strong examples of design process particularly with heavy content strategy collaboration and information architecture
- Comfortable successfully multitasking on several projects concurrently
- Systems thinker with experience operating within and contributing to a design system
- Able to build strong cross-functional partnerships and successful executive stakeholder management
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.