Product Designer, Flatiron Assist
We're looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
You will be working on Flatiron Assist, a new product that helps oncologists at academic medical centers make evidence-based decisions to ensure patients are receiving the appropriate treatment for their cancer care. This tool also supports hospital administrators by making available data they need (but too often are unable to access) to understand and ultimately improve the quality of care provided to patients. In addition, you’ll also:
- Work on complex interaction design challenges with a dedicated cross functional team exploring a new product area
- Help define what the future of this product is by working closely with users from our first few partner health systems to identify opportunity areas
- Partner with our client services team to develop a long-term customer engagement strategy to ensure that user research is done early and often and that customer feedback is used to continually iterate on a solution
- Share ideas, design decisions, and final prototypes with engineers and collectively own each iteration of the product
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a product that is key to Flatiron’s strategic goals and where a great user experience is a core differentiator. You will also learn about the intricacies of the healthcare system, and deliver well-designed solutions that not only solve problems, but will change the way design is applied to healthcare products and processes.
Who You Are
You're a Product Designer with 3-5 years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an applied product, user experience, or interaction design role. Your past experience has given you an arsenal of user centered design practices and contemporary design tools to leverage. You have experience explaining complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds.
- You have a portfolio that tells the story of how you’ve applied design to solve problems in the past, starting at an idea and ending with a solution in the hands of your users
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and comfort working with expert-level users
- You have experience conducting research with external users
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal form
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- A supportive and growing design team, with whom we run weekly design critiques
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.