Product Designer, Internal Tools at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Do you love to help teams uncover patterns and solve problems? Are you always looking for ways to optimize and improve upon the way you and your teams work? Does the idea of designing both products and services sound energizing? Does the idea of having your users be your colleagues that you can both help and collaborate with sound refreshing? We are seeking a product designer who loves to partner with product management, engineering, and business colleagues to innovate on the tools and frameworks to make our internal teams more agile, informed, empowered, and efficient. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be working within a cross-functional product team dedicated to unifying internal tools and unlocking efficiencies and innovations that allow all Braze employees to be more productive, share information, manage, and collaborate. You will help to design an internal collaborative tooling framework that allows teams to build new tools and open new creative possibilities. You will also help design the service and governance of that model including documentation and guidance for teams to follow as they build tools using the framework. In addition, you will help identify and create new innovative tools to optimize workflows and help our teams work better together. Your users will be your colleagues, which gives you direct access into not only their problem spaces, but also endless opportunities to collaborate to reimagine what’s possible. To be successful, your work will include user research, product design, service design, and a lot of creativity. You will collaborate closely with product managers, user researchers, engineers, your fellow designers, and engage with colleagues across the entire organization.
WHO YOU ARE
- A collaborative designer; you seek the truth with partners
- An evidence-based decision maker; you identify problems to solve that add value via user research
- A framer for creative solutions; you contextualize the problem space in people’s journeys
- At ease with ambiguity; you learn through experimentation to find clarity
- A clear communicator; you articulate design decisions, their constraints, trade offs, and risks
- A dedicated craftsperson; you use your skills of wire-framing, prototyping, and interaction design to create a great user experience
- A growth-oriented Individual Contributor; You have a few years under your belt and are focused on expanding your broad proficiency of skills and career
- Experience designing front-end, back-end, or design system frameworks
- Experience with service design and enablement documentation
- Experience with any aspect of lifecycle marketing
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Experience working in an Agile organization, working in cross-functional teams / pods / verticals
- Prior experience at high-growth startups
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.