At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our focus is on driving value for the creators that depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
As a Product Designer in this role, you will be supporting the Internal Tools and Platform teams. These teams provide an array of capabilities and tools ranging from the internal admin interface application to the platform tooling that developers use to deploy to production. You will be responsible for ensuring that we’re shipping outstanding tools and experiences for internal users that are purpose-built to match their needs.
- You’ll work closely with your peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our team
- Shaping our internal tools that are directly responsible for day-to-day productivity and satisfaction of Teachable employees
- Create flows, wireframes, and user journeys that reflect mental models of users
- Participate and contribute to user interviews, discovery sessions, brainstorms, and design thinking workshops
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Users, Developers and other stakeholders on finding solutions to potentially complex technical challenges
- You’ll play a key role in products with both web interfaces and APIs, ensuring that what the team builds are purpose-built for the needs of the people using them
- As a member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture
- You'll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations
- You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to team members
- Be a driving force for our P.E.O.P.L.E. Principles, tearing down x-functional chasms
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5+ years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment
- Ideally have hands-on Internal Tools or developer platform experience
- You are comfortable bringing team members along for the discovery process, and making the case for user and business needs
- You are a systems thinker, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- You are a highly collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently
- Experienced in cross-disciplinary collaboration, particularly with engineers
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.