Product Designer - Laboratory Information Systems at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in the clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for defining the experience of our sequencing and report generation products. We're looking for a passionate designer with a deep understanding of the product development process and is capable of executing a design from concept to development. You should be reliable, resilient and an excellent communicator. You are comfortable working closely with developers, product management, and lab technicians and managers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thinks deeply about user needs and has a great eye for visual design. You are inspired to develop scalable and efficient products that solve complex problems, and you are committed to understanding the details. You will research, design and implement new features and products that require thoughtful consideration and may reach multiple audiences.
- Design interfaces to solve complex problems
- Manage user-centered design projects with internal stakeholders
- Define and prototype your solutions, iterating quickly with your cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, lab technicians, and other designers
- Manage timelines in an agile environment to deliver enterprise-grade products
- Ability to balance and communicate long-term vision with details and quick iterations
- Evangelize human-centered design and promote best design practices across Tempus
We’re looking for:
- A portfolio showcasing your experience designing excellent user experiences
- Experience in product design for web and (preferably) mobile applications
- A degree or background in HCI, product design, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- A strong emphasis on user-centered design principles, including frequent user testing and contextual inquiry
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with a track record of turning complex content into user scenarios and stories
- Comfortable sharing design ideas early and often to encourage and promote feedback.
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn from experts in each domain.
- Interest in learning the details of your product and employing creative solutions to serve the users needs.
- A personal desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of disease treatment.