Product Designer, Mobile at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are seeking talented product designers to help lead the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams with product managers and engineers. Our product teams are collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to work on the mobile version of the Squarespace publishing platform, including the editing, styling and publishing of content. You’ll improve the current experience, but also working on new features that will define the future of the web. You’ll work with members on other teams, including Core CMS, Growth, Template Development, Content Editing and more, building the best publishing platform in the world.
Experience with the challenges of building a mobile online publishing platform, and an understanding of mobile technologies is a plus.
You will report to our Senior Product Design Manager, Presence.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the user experience and detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept through delivery and beyond
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Be data-driven and have an interest in improving the experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Well versed in user experience, visual design and prototyping
- Understand information architecture and service design
- Understand how web and mobile native applications work
- Understand iOS and Android specific patterns
- Use a systems approach to design
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.