Product Designer (Payouts) at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:57 a.m. (EST) on Monday, March 30, 2020
Teachable’s mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Eighty-three-thousand Creators depend on Teachable to start and grow their online businesses, and 23 million students learn from their teachings.
As a Product Designer at Teachable, you will collaborate with Design, Engineering, and Product to ship product improvements and new features.
As the sole Product Designer on the Payouts team you will work with 1 Product Manager and 5 engineers, and own designs end to end from research to high fidelity mockups and necessary iterations.
- Elevate our product experience, and improve existing design systems, workflows, wireframes, mockups, and documentation for key features on your team.
- Work with Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different tasks.
- Seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
- In partnership with Product Managers, you will identify customer needs via user research, competitive analyses, and other methodologies.
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to high design standards.
- Present, articulate, and defend recommendations.
- Communicate updates to team members during project timelines.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- Know how to break down long term vision into small wins
- You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together.
- You know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else.
- You know how to advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently.
- Active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company.
- You’ve used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way.
- You’ve been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
- You’ve helped coworkers maintain design system consistency/principles, design values & design best practices.
- An ability to demonstrate your process in depth, new frameworks and techniques you’ve tried as well as successes and failures (not just showing screens, or repeating the same structured narrative for each case study)
- Good judgment in knowing what tools, mindsets or process required in order to achieve the successful outcomes of the project
- A strong understanding of business and technical constraints and how to achieve success (meet KPI goals) for your project
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in NoMad with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description