Product Designer, Presence at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join the team that works on our core CMS product within the Presence team. In this role, you will own a key part of the website building experience—helping customers create layouts and sections that match their vision. You will also have an additional focus on helping improve our blogging platform. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other teams like Commerce, Template Development, Marketing Tools, and Growth.
You will report to the Product Design Lead, Presence.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the user experience and detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept and discovery through delivery and impact.
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Create elegant and simple solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Leverage and contribute to the design system
- Be data-driven and have an interest in measuring and improving the experience
- 2-3 years of experience
- A penchant for layout, color, imagery, and typography as it relates to website presentation on desktop and mobile
- Ability to prototype large product concepts as well as detailed micro-interactions
- Uses a systems approach to design
- Experience designing for both desktop and mobile web experiences
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems. Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds and we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s) in order to be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.