Product Designer, Real World Evidence at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a product designer who is excited about designing software and services that can dramatically change the way cancer research is conducted by working within the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our RWE datasets are used by researchers at life science companies and academic institutions to answer some of the most important questions in cancer.
Our technology-first approach has allowed Flatiron Research to build RWE datasets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other available data set. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 biopharma companies in oncology, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
In this role, you'll work with the Spotlight team to improve the efficiency with which we can deliver custom data sets to our customers. Reporting to the Lead Product Design Manager, you'll design holistic solutions and services that empower our teams to serve our clients more quickly and efficiently. You will design product and service-based solutions that make it easier and faster to provide robust scientific evidence to our researchers by integrating analyses of user needs and building prototypes that communicate these ideas clearly to stakeholders. In addition, you'll also:
- Be involved in every stage of the design process, from discovery user research to product scoping to feature implementation
- Observe and talk to quantitative scientists, research oncologists, and statisticians in order to consider and evaluate problems from multiple angles, identifying user needs
- Work within a cross-functional team to validate both low and hi-fidelity interaction design prototypes using feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify edge cases and display states to accurately show complex patient data
- Communicate your ideas through design presentations and workshops to create alignment on proposed solutions and next steps before moving into feature development
- Collaborate and partner with product managers, engineers, and clinical experts to shape quarterly roadmap work and objectives through strategic design input
Who You Are
You're a Product Designer doing product, interaction or UX design. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. Successful designers typically possess a generalist skillset, and have the ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds in both written and verbal form.
- You have prior experience in service design, applied product design, user experience design, or interaction design
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You value outcome over output and understand the role of an iterative design process to measure progress toward a desired outcome. You thrive on collaboration and leading your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics