Product Designer - Restaurants Product
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who is passionate about developing strategies based off insights from real restaurants, and has a mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully-designed intuitive products.
You will enable our restaurants to deliver the highest level of hospitality to their guests.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Product Designer on the Restaurant Products team, you will:
- Design and conduct qualitative studies including contextual interviews and usability studies for current and future products
- Explore new opportunities through creative research methods and collaborative ideation
- Be involved at every step in the product development process -- working closely with engineering, product management, and customer success to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences
- Take on tough interaction and service design problems that cross platforms (iOS and responsive-web)
- Use insights and learnings to help define product roadmap and strategy
- Collaborate with our consumer products team to deliver seamless end-to-end experiences
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience designing for B2B products
- You are a generalist with a sweet spot, or a specialist looking to broaden your skills.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates both high-level polish in execution of challenging interaction design problems, and a deep knowledge of iOS and/or Responsive Web patterns
- You have demonstrated an ability to take ideas from conception to shipped product
- You are self-motivated, sharing responsibility for the team’s progress
- You are opinionated but low ego — you push yourself and your team for the best possible outcome, and accept feedback and constructive criticism with humility.
- You share our love of restaurants, and want to help us spread that passion.
- Bonus points: research methodologies, design systems, prototyping
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Quarterly AirBNB credit
- Equinox gym discount
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.