Product Designer, Salesforce at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Within MSK’s Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) division, we’re excited to recruit a passionate product designer to help advance our transformation.
As Product Designer for Service Platform, you will play an integral role in building a new product from the ground up, designed to facilitate workflow efficiency, institution-wide connectivity and seamless patient care. Leveraging your in-depth knowledge of Salesforce’s capabilities, components and design conventions you will design meaningful solutions that solve for immediate, critical needs with an eye on MSK’s long-term objectives.
● Partner with Product Owners, business analysts, engineers, users, and stakeholders to craft and elevate multi-dimensional user experiences at scale, over time
● Establish page layouts, information hierarchies and pattern libraries
● Explore custom solutions, weighing their value with the affordance of time and resources
● Participate in interdisciplinary workshops to problem frame, mine for business insights, expand ideas and convert outcomes into action plans
● Apply a broad range of product design techniques, including sketching, prototyping, information architecture design, and interaction modeling to build and iterate on multiple ideas to solve a single problem
● Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and proposed design solutions verbally and visually
● A strong collaborator who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and who helps to support a growing team by demonstrating best practices and building a culture of cooperation
● Able to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members
● A master of product design fundamentals across digital platforms
● An expert in applying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to inform and validate decisions
● Accustomed to working in a scaled agile/scrum process
● 2-4 years of industry experience researching, building, and implementing sustainable digital products that users love
● 1+ years of experience with Salesforce and Lightning Design System
● An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrate your work and process
● Experience using a wide range of design, prototyping, and collaboration tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision and similar
● Proficiency with Avonni a plus
● Trailhead Administrator Certification (or higher) a plus
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, work/life balance and personal well-being to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview if your profile aligns and/or start the process with a tech assessment, max 45 min online -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.